Shep Hyken created this day to set aside time to get to know our customers. This day occurs the third Thursday of quarter. Why? Why not. But what’s important is that we take time to learn about our customers and how we can better serve their needs.
Ways you can celebrate this day effectively:
• Call as many customers as possible. Thank them for their business and ask if there’s anything you can do for them.
• Send an email to your customers telling them why they are important to you and your business.
• Find out the birthday of your primary contacts. Put this into your CRM system or at least into your email calendar and send them an eCard or written letter or physical card every year.
• Find out when your customer’s company was founded. Send the president or CEO a handwritten letter congratulating them on their major milestone anniversaries.
• Follow your customers on social media and read their press releases. Congratulate them and share their stories publicly.
• Invite your customers to lunch or to meet with you at your offices. Review their short-term and long-term goals. Get to know them personally.