With demand growing and competitive prices becoming increasingly important, Automotive supply chains are under more pressure than ever to operate smoothly and efficiently. Suppliers must become more flexible, and implement systems that are powerful and responsive enough to handle the competitive nature of the automotive industry. ERP for automotive suppliers grants companies of all sizes the control and flexibility required to meet the above demands and remain competitive in today’s competitive marketplace.
Some of the most common requirements and challenges for automotive suppliers include:
- EDI Support
- Release Accounting
- Lean Manufacturing
- Feature-Based Assembilty (or Confuguators)
- Multi-Mode Manufacturing
- Global Capabilities
- and more
Choosing the right ERP for automotive suppliers can grant you not only the strength and scalability to address the above struggles, it can give you capabilities and benefits including:
- Support complex manufacturing processes
- Support global MMOG/LE Requirements
- Communicate with your trading partners
- Improved lead time and reduce waste with lead productions
- Cut time to market
- Improve production
- Enhance relationships all along the supply chain
- Enable you to effectively manage growth
- Customize products “on the fly”
The right ERP system will support your company’s business processes with one single solution, not multiple systems. Look for an ERP system that is scalable, modular, and equipped with rich features that allow for growth and easy expansion no matter how large or complex you organization is (or may become).
Choosing the wrong one though can do much more harm than good, and choosing the right one can be a challenge.