The average lifespan of an ERP system is generally accepted to fall somewhere between 7-10 years- How long have you had your ERP system? In a recent article we shared some compelling statistics from Aberdeen as to why mid-sized manufacturers should upgrade to a modern ERP system, such as:
- Increase on-time deliveries by 24%
- Better support change and grow operating margins by 21%
- Reduce operational costs by 23% and administration costs by 22%
While these statistics are indeed compelling and come from a renowned research group, nothing says it better than real-life stories. Learn why Howe Corporation, a leading mid-sized manufacturer of refrigeration and ice machine equipment chose to update their system to a modern Capital Equipment Manufacturing ERP system and the benefits they recognized after implementing Epicor ERP.
The company chose Epicor ERP for its proven success as Capital Equipment Manufacturing ERP solution and in order to stay current with modern technology and keep up with growth. “We chose Epicor because we needed a software system that would scale with the growth of our company,” said Andrew Ortman, sales and IT manager for Howe Corporation. “After realizing that there had been a significant lapse in time since our last upgrade with our legacy system, we decided the company needed a fresh start. The choice was easy because of Epicor’s superior business management architecture.”
The Benefits of Epicor as a Capital Equipment Manufacturing ERP solution:
The real-time visibility has allowed the company to increased efficiencies, eliminate waste, and reduce costs across numerous departments; their top three benefits were:
- With comprehensive tools for MRP, scheduling, and advanced planning and scheduling (APS), the company has better visibility and control over inventory so they know exactly what is needed and what is available. “Epicor moved us away from constrained scheduling methods and towards a robust forecasting and scheduling process that suite both day-today and long-range business needs.”
- Automated routing features allow the company total visibility into operations while product data management (PDM) improves visibility into product lifecycle and eliminates the need for employees to log in and out of projects with manual punch cards.
- Now rather than having to print a quote, scan it, and email/fax it to the customer, Howe uses Epicor to send estimates and quotes directly from the screen where it was created. This has made the process much more efficient and surely made customers much happier!
Overall the company was able to reach their goal of staying current with newer technology and increasing cost savings. This article just glances over the reasons Howe chose Epicor as their Capital Equipment Manufacturing ERP solution and the benefits they recognized after doing so. Read the full story and others in our Epicor Resource Library, click here to enter.
There is no one-size-fits-all and you have to do some research to find the best ERP solution for you.Learn More Here