Since food manufacturers are responsible for developing their nutritional labels, they are required to meet ever-changing food labeling requirements and incomplete or inaccurate labeling can be costly. According to Loftware, the average cost of production downtime due to mislabeling errors is $100,000 an hour. In fact, one major manufacturer spent more than $300,000 in a year to cover mislabeling fines.
Avoid mislabeling fines, errors, inefficient recalls, and negative publicity by implementing a food & beverage manufacturing ERP software specific to your manufacturing business. ERP will quickly deliver the required labels you need while complying with the regulations. Some of the major labeling featurs common in many food and beverage ERP systems include:
- Generate labels for specific customers with individualized bar codes
- Manage over multiple label types such as containers, products, shipping and mix-load labels
- Print different colors and sizes for easy identification
- Reduce the repacking of pallets due to mismatched items
- Arrange label sequencing and assembly line control for accurate and automatic labeling for products being produced
- Accomplish full compliance with lot tracking from the initial setup to the completed product
- Print the correct label automatically for each work order
- Increase control for serialized and non-serialized inventory
- Increase efficiency and accuracy
- Improve supply chain visibility
- Enhance recall capabilities
- Expedite regulatory changes
Food processing ERP software can give you flexible label printing operations, with options such as label alterations and creation, operation scaling, and support for multiple printers. By implementing these into your automated operations, you gain significant advantage in respect to quality control and assurance ensuring that you remain in compliance with regulations while reducing labor costs.
ERP unique to food manufacturers can be tremendously beneficial and help companies large and small overcome challenges such as compliance with labeling regulations.We put together a one stop shop to provide you with videos and resources to learn more about e2b teknologies Food Industry ERP. Click the button to learn more.