Most likely, you’ve heard before that ERP has a lifespan of about 10 years. At this point, new technologies have emerged that make the latest ERP faster, easier to use and more efficient, leaving you behind your competition. Even if this fact doesn’t bother you, your company has probably grown and shifted focus over the last decade, leaving your old ERP system to no longer meet your needs. No matter which way you look at it, you’re probably ready and in for an ERP upgrade after 10 years.
If you’re not sure if your ERP is ready for an upgrade, there is an easy way to find out. Day-to-day tasks that go unnoticed, like software workarounds, are signs that you’re in need of an ERP upgrade. We’ve created a checklist of the common signs a company is ready for an ERP upgrade. If you can check of more than one of these, it may be time to take another look at the options on the market.
The ERP Upgrade Checklist
- Are you manually entering data into multiple systems?Do you find data errors because of the manual entering system?
- Do you find data errors because of the manual entering system?
- Are your employees waiting on the system to unfreeze or unpause?
- Can you easily import/export data from the system
- Is your team spending a large amount of time on record keeping?
- Do you experience bottlenecks with large sales order volumes?
- Do you still have a large amount of paperwork to deal with?
- Have you exceeded the amount of users you need?
- Is it difficult to integrate new solutions to the ERP system?
- Do you lack real-time visibility into your business?
- Do you have to deal with inventory shortages or overages?
- Do you struggle to forecast the amount of inventory you should have?
- Are your month-end reports increasingly taking longer?
- Do you struggle to access data for every area of the company?
- Are you missing your delivery times?
- Have you spent more on IT help on your ERP system than you would like?
- Are you limited on accessing new technologies such as cloud, mobile, barcode data collection, etc.?
If you checked off more than one of those issues, it is time to consider an ERP upgrade. Those issues lead to inefficiencies in the workplace, which end up costing a lot of money. By simply updating your ERP system to something more current and that meets your company’s current needs, you can eliminate those issues and save more money in the long run.
This white paper will walk you through six of the biggest mistakes you can make in your ERP decision process and show you how you can avert them.Learn More Here