Bosses Day dates back to 1958 when Patricia Bays Haroski, an employee at State Farm Insurance Company in Illinois, registered it with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Ms. Haroski chose the date because it was her father’s birthday. Who was her boss? ….her father.
Hallmark has a nice summary page of facts on Boss’ Day that you might find of interest.
Below are five tips we’ve come up with that relate specific to business software so you can be the hero with your boss.
- Teach your boss how to use a little-known feature in your ERP software
- Develop a new report to uncover lost revenue in your business
- Research new ways to use your existing software.
- Spearhead a committee to select a replacement ERP system
- Find a third party app that plugs into your existing ERP system to solve a major business problem