The Spring Manufacturers Institute (SMI), founded in 1933, is an association of companies that manufacture springs, and their associate suppliers. The members of SMI work together to meet the key issues of the industry worldwide: quality, materials, technology, government regulations.
The objectives of SMI are:
• To promote and protect interests of springmakers in the United States and Canada.
• To serve as a clearinghouse and source of information on the many facets of business relating to the industry.
• To establish a cordial relationship among members, and between members and suppliers to the industry.
• To provide significant services to the membership.
• To inspire professional business standards among membership.