The burden is often on the manufacturer to create the nutritional labels for the food they produce, however, manually creating these labels can result in some unwanted consequences. Since the FDA has labeling requirements, there can be some hefty fines related to mislabeling issues, as well as operational costs to fix the errors. In fact, the average cost of downtime due to mislabeling can result in up to $100,000 an hour. Even more daunting, a simple printing mistake on a label could cause an allergic consumer to end up in anaphylaxis shock. Food processing ERP will automate the labeling of food products so these issues don’t occur.
Food processing ERP is made to eliminate the possibility of dire mistakes that could land you with huge fines or a damaging reputation. Beyond just helping to automate the food labeling process, food processing ERP provides traceability throughout the supply chain to make the whole manufacturing process more reliable. Below are some key features of food processing ERP that help with compliance, visibility and labeling.
- Generate labels based of specific customer requirements with specialized bar codes
- Can manage multiple label types such as container and product labels or shipping labels
- Print different colors or sizes of labels for easy identification
- Automatic label printing for each work order
- Reduced time spent packing pallets from mismatched items
- Accurate and automating labeling from sequencing
- Lot tracking for full compliance from set up to completed product
All the above listed features of food processing ERP ultimately lead to more efficient and accurate food manufacturing, resulting in reduced costs from less downtime or fines. Food processing ERP improves supply chain visibility, which leads to fewer recalls and more control in the case of a recall.
Food processing ERP does a lot more than save you from mislabeling or recalls. Check out the white paper below to find out what the 10 most common problems faced by food and beverage manufacturers are and how they can be solved with food processing ERP.We put together a one stop shop to provide you with videos and resources to learn more about e2b teknologies Food Industry ERP. Click the button to learn more.