By all accounts, QuickBooks Online is an avid cloud-based financial and accounting management solution that keeps small and mid-sized businesses organized. Think of updated and accurate sales, purchases, payrolls, and expenses.
QuickBooks Online is easy to use and navigate, and it comes with efficiency tools like money management, invoicing, billing, flexibility with third-party applications, cloud support options, but limited QB financial reporting capabilities.
That’s just it; it’s perfect for small to mid-sized businesses that rely on bookkeepers, but QuickBooks Online won’t make the cut when it comes to growing and scaling your business. Quickbooks also won’t tailor its financial processes based on industry-specific needs. Sage will.
Dive deeper: Here are the top 5 limitations of Quickbooks you should know
Sage Takes You to the Next Level
Like QuickBooks Online, Sage accounting software simplifies all your accounting tasks. While neither is solely cloud-based, both platforms run from the cloud through a third-party hosting environment, meaning they have third-party integration solutions that enhance your business financial management processes.
But upgrading from QuickBooks Online is an inevitable decision if you want your business to grow.
- Sage has a solution for your financial and accounting needs at any stage of your business growth. These include Sage 50 Cloud Pro, Sage 300 cloud, and Sage x3 with each solution designed to cater to the complexities you encounter as you scale your business.
- Sage is far more advanced than QuickBooks Online since it offers more than bookkeeping functionalities well-suited for more established organizations with higher complexities, including access to a controller or CFO functionalities not available in QB Online.
- Sage has an extensive catalog of solutions that you can customize based on your industry. The lack of generalization to a one size fits all model allows you to manage and tailor your financial processes with direct competitors in your industry in mind, which provides an opportunity to have a clear competitive advantage.
- With Sage, you adopt a cloud-based management system with functionalities like invoice, quote, and job estimate personalization and expense tracking, ultimately improving your customer experience. Happy customers encourage business growth through loyalty and referrals.
- Because Sage gives you more choices with features and functions well suited to project management needs, collaboration among users in your organization allows you to move through projects quickly and efficiently. Mastered collaboration also ensures rapid business growth.
If your organization operates with extensive inventory management or has plans to grow your business, Sage complements your financial and accounting needs better than QuickBooks Online.
Feeling the QB Online squeeze? Here’s how to break the chains of Quickbooks Online
But is the Change Right for Your Business?
Sage is well suited to businesses in manufacturing, construction, non-profit, wholesale distribution, and any other mid to large-sized companies. These companies often handle vast inventory and prefer Sage as its accounting and financial management system.
Every business is different, meaning choose Sage over QuickBooks Online only if the option supports your business objectives.
And since both are logical solutions depending on the stage of your business, determine whether:
- The number of employees collaborating on any given business project is more than one
- You have plans to grow your small business
- In a normal inventory tracking process, you have a robust inventory to consider
- You value business personalization within minor procedures like developing job estimates and invoices
Answering yes to these questions is a strong indication it’s time to grow from QuickBooks Online to Sage.
Take action: How To Convince the C-Suite that a Technology Upgrade is Needed
How to Convert From QuickBooks Online To Sage
First, make sure that transferring your business data from QuickBooks Online to Sage will be successful by ensuring Sage can read the data correctly. Do this by verifying your QuickBooks Online company name and ensuring it is within the “Legal Name” section. The legal name is the name Sage adopts as your new Sage company name.
Then check the QuickBooks Online account types, like accounts payable, accounts receivable, retained payable, etc., and ensure you have at least one. Start to back up your QuickBooks Online data for security.
Once the backup is complete, start the conversion process using the conversion wizards. On the File menu, click the convert a company, choose the QuickBooks Radio button and click okay. Usually, the conversion wizard has the instructions to follow to convert successfully.
Click “convert” once you verify that everything on the conversion wizard list is okay. The wizard will notify you once the conversion is complete and if errors occur.
Fix Your Growing Pains with Sage
Choosing the right financial software for your business amidst the many choices in the market can be a challenge, but converting to Sage is the answer if you want persistent business growth.
Remember, 82% of businesses fail because of mismanagement of finances, so it’s important to adopt technologies that ensure proper money management and innovation for consistent growth.QuickBooks Online is a great starting point for companies, but it can’t keep up with the demands of today’s business. That’s why upgrading from QuickBooks Online is an unavoidable decision for businesses that want to grow.
Sage is the perfect accounting solution for businesses that want more advanced features and industry-specific functionality. A real accounting solution that solves today’s business problems. Upgrade to Sage today.
What is QuickBooks Online?
A cloud-based financial management software developed to make accounting and financial processes for small to mid-sized businesses more manageable.
What is Sage?
A cloud-based accounting software that allows businesses, whether small, midsized, or large, to track their financial and accounting processes, inventory, and invoices.
Is Sage better than QuickBooks Online?
Both are software solutions designed to make business financial and accounting management easy. However, choosing the best one for your business depends on your needs. If you want business growth, Sage will give you more functionalities to accommodate your scaling vision.